Monday, 20 February 2012

Must Have Toys For The Rich


A dusty wind whirls around on the tarmac of the air field as the helicopter moves in to touch down. Our hero opens the door and steps out in slow motion. His hairs falling across his face as people come up to greet him. They lead him to his sports car; he opens the door of the car, rev the engine and drives away as the sun goes down in the back ground.

This is a scene where the rich hero plays in almost every movie, so what does it tell us. People with a lot of money should have two items in their arsenal; just because it makes their life look cool or maybe to vent some steam or maybe because there is too much money lying around. You probably might have guessed by now what those two things are, one is a very fast car and the other is a flying machine, like a helicopter or a plane. 

I decided I too should own a fast car and a helicopter, so I sold everything I had, begged a bit more and then pleaded with people to lend me some more money. Finally with all of that I went out and brought myself a car and a helicopter. Don’t be surprised, I am now a proud owner of a brand new car and helicopter that can be fully controlled with a remote. Of course, they are very small versions of the real thing, some people might even call it toys but then that is what I ended up with, neither did I had the money nor did I get a role in the movie (thou I still really feel I should have). 

Anyway, I am happy with it (probably because I can’t afford the real thing). 

Firstly, my helicopter, it’s a 3-Channel Infrared Controlled Mini Helicopter. Mini seems to be the word of the day because you can fly it only indoors. Have you heard of someone owning a helicopter which you can fly only indoors? It’s unusual but I guess it will be useful when I want to go from one room to other. The stubborn I have used it outside too, it flies high and it falls down even faster but it’s really built sturdy cause they probably understood it would end up in hands of guys like me. It’s actually fun to play around with.

3-Channel Infrared Controlled Mini Helicopter
3-Channel Infrared Controlled Mini Helicopter
3-Channel Infrared Controlled Mini Helicopter
Secondly, my car, 1/10th Electric Powered Off Road 2WD Stadium Truck. This one is bigger than my mini helicopter (surprise surprise). Actually, this is a fun truck or car; I have not figured that one out yet. It can travel up to 40 km/per hr with a range of 300 meters, runs over small and medium rocks like it were nothing. It’s like a real car, its suspensions can be adjusted, engines can be changed or upgraded, and even all the rest of the car can be modified.  It’s really fun to play with. Frankly, I am so impressed with it that I sometimes dream about it and wake up with a smile in the morning; my wife thinks its because I had dreams about her, but only I know the truth.

1/10th Electric Powered Off Road 2WD Stadium Truck
1/10th Electric Powered Off Road 2WD Stadium Truck
1/10th Electric Powered Off Road 2WD Stadium Truck
1/10th Electric Powered Off Road 2WD Stadium Truck
1/10th Electric Powered Off Road 2WD Stadium Truck
1/10th Electric Powered Off Road 2WD Stadium Truck
1/10th Electric Powered Off Road 2WD Stadium Truck
1/10th Electric Powered Off Road 2WD Stadium Truck
1/10th Electric Powered Off Road 2WD Stadium Truck
By the way, there is a track in Bangalore for such activities, I will be going there to race my car and I will update you about it.


Update of a video we took at home trying to jump our car over a ramp.... 




2 comments:

  1. This actually sounds like fun! I would love to go race R/C cars on a real track. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only for the rich?
    :-(((

    http://gharkhana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...